OTT report commissioned by Vindicia and Ooyala. Among the things that stood out to me were:
- 1.6 billion people worldwide actively watch online video on a variety of connected devices, representing just over a fifth of the planet’s population.
- 900 million people worldwide access TV programming and movies online today
- Online retailer Overstock.com claimed that it would launch a video service in the U.S.
market in 2015.
- They counted 65 companies doing OTT today
- Over 70% of subscribers state that they have these services due to specific titles available through the service, and over one-third of consumers do so in order to access original content.
- Among smartphone owners who regularly use an app to watch TV programming and movies, 38% indicated that user reviews or ratings were very important in their decision to download the app