Patrick SeamanIT, DIGITAL MEDIA, FUTURIST, AUTHOR
Publishing & Writing Background
In 1992 I published a proprietary productivity software package for writers called ‘Writer’s Desktop Database.’ It provided a searchable database of writers, editors and literary agents, their tastes and helped writers keep track of their submissions. Later, we morphed the company into a small press, publishing the first audiobook on the Internet, Jim Cline’s epic science fiction title, ‘A Small Percentage’ in 42 full cast dramatized episodes. It was, as far as we know, the first podcast fiction series on the Internet (before the term was invented). We published the series on AudioNet.com / broadcast.com during my 5 years there with Mark Cuban. After the Yahoo! merger, I exited and took Timberwolf Press into a new direction publishing contemporary genre fiction as well as best selling titles like Bill Baldwin’s ‘The Helmsman’ series, in full cast audiobooks that our customers could download online, or buy on MP3 CD’s with ebooks included (another first), as well as on traditional compact disk and cassette tape as well as on paperback and hardback.
‘Accipiter War’ is a series set in the near future. Book One finds the city of Fort Brazos and the nearby military reserve base ‘scooped up’ whole, and deposited inside a vast rotating hollow cylindrical world — an alien McKendree Cylinder, complete with continents and oceans, nearly four thousand miles long. Thousands are dead. What is the motive behind the abduction and who is responsible? Are the humans to be lab rats? Slaves? Or is there some other, terrible purpose… or a greater destiny?
Books 1 & 2 are available now. Book 3 is coming soon!
- Writer’s Desktop Database
- Publisher, Editor and sometimes voice actor for:
- A Small Percentage, by Jim Cline
- All The Tea, by Rear Admiral Ken Carodine, Retired
- Calculated Risk, by Denise Tiller
- Blood & Iron, by Dan McGreggor
- Bradamant: The Iron Tempest, by Ron Miller
- Silk & Steel, by Ron Miller
- Bronwyn, by Ron Miller
- Bronwyn: Palaces & Prisons, by Ron Miller
- The Helmsman, by Bill Baldwin
- Galactic Convoy, by Bill Baldwin
- Soldier of the Legion, by Marshall Thomas